Kim Bartels, PhD
Kim Bartels inspires people to recognize their strengths, values and work-life goals, and to be their personal and professional best based on these preferences. She is an alliance partner with The Bailey Group, and she will support The Bailey Group and its clients with this same devotion to helping people and their organizations thrive.
Since 1998, Kim has served individuals and organizations as a consultant with expertise in assessment for talent selection, leadership development, executive coaching, and career planning and decision-making. In addition to founding her own coaching business, Kim has lent these skills to assessment publishers, management consulting firms and Target Corporation. Clients benefit from her unique ability to help them creatively expand their options and then analyze those same options to land on solutions that are both inspiring and practical.
Early in her career, Kim served several colleges and universities as a researcher, psychotherapist, career counselor, academic advisor and professor. Of all these roles, Kim most fondly remembers being a mentor and professor to students at Mary Baldwin College, a women’s liberal arts college in Virginia. Kim’s devotion to women of all ages continues in her work as a career and leadership coach to mothers with a strong professional identity and many roles to manage.
Although her initial plan was to teach high school math, Kim changed her major to study something even more complex — human behavior! She earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from Iowa State University, followed by her M.A. and Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology from the University of Missouri-Columbia. Her pre-doctoral internship was at the University of Utah Counseling Center in Salt Lake City. She has served as an adjunct faculty member at Capella University and the University of St. Thomas.
Kim lives and plays in the Twin Cities with her spouse and two daughters.
- Results-Based Leadership Development
- Talent Identification and Engagement
Helping leaders do more of what they do best: “We all get in our own way at times. I encourage my clients to know themselves better, identify what gets in the way of leading more effectively and then focus on removing those barriers so they can use their favorite strengths and talents to flourish.”
Core Service Focus:
- Executive Coaching
- Assessment for Talent Selection & Leadership Development
- Employee Engagement
- Founder & Executive Coach, Genuine Impact Consulting
- Senior Consultant & Executive Coach, Roselle Leadership Strategies, Inc.
- Selection Consultant, Target Corporation
- Consultant & Manager, Talent Assessment Services, MDA Leadership Consulting
- Trainer for The PROFILOR® 360 feedback tool, Personnel Decisions International
- Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology
- M.A. in Counseling Psychology
- B.S. in Psychology; Minors in Mathematics & Statistics